Airavata is the 2nd-ranked nastika in the Kinnara clan. Her son, Shess, is the one of the oldest living rakshasas, whom she occasionally sends out to do tasks for her. She first appears in the story in Season 3, but has been mentioned several times in Season 1 and 2.
Airavata has white or very pale hair with a ponytail and poofy bangs that usually cover her eyes. In her first appearance, she is wearing a loose red robe with wide sleeves and multiple wide choker-style necklaces in various colors.
Skills and AbilitiesEdit
Nothing is known about Airavata's transcendental skills at this time.
Because of their attributes, if Taksaka, the 2nd-ranked nastika in the Vritra clan, fights one-on-one with Airavata, he can never win. If he transforms into his sura form, she hits him even harder.
- She's one of the three individuals allowed to call Taksaka by his nickname Tak, meaning they are good friends.[Citation needed]
- Airavata is considered one of the "Great Beauties" of the suras, along with Shuri and Urvasi.[Citation needed]
- In Hindu mythology, Airavata is the four-tusked white elephant who carries the god Indra. (Wikipedia: Airavata)
Airavata sends her son Shess to planet Willarv in order to help Taksaka find out about the incident that took place in Ian Rajof's village. According to her, Tak is second place in the Vritra clan for poorest emotional control, so they should help him avoid causing more troubles for his clan. Shess assures Taksaka that she is truly worried about him.
Chapter 6: The Past I Yearn For/Longing For YesterdayEdit
(3) Sagara mentions Airavata when Gandharva refuses to negotiate with her and Manasvin. After realizing Gandharva would not take part in their plan because his clan was allied with the Garuda clan, she suggests that Manasvin ask Airavata instead. Manasvin agrees and they both leave. It is unknown if Airavata agreed to take part in their plan.
Chapter 10: The Night it Rained FireEdit
(5) Gandharva confronts Shess and Leny in a field near Kalibloom, and points out that if they have joined Sagara, then Airavata and the rest of the Kinnara clan must have as well. Shess denies it, yet takes the nastika king to Atera in time to save Maruna and Sagara.
Chapter 16: CautionEdit
(5) In a conversation with God Kubera, Shess reveals that he was sent to the human realm by his mother to support him. He explains he will not join Sagara's army, because Airavata knows that is not what God Kubera wants. The god notes that he had not expected her to interfere in such a way.
Chapter 40: Twisted BirdEdit
(11) Outside of Kalibloom, Maruna asks Shess why he is so calm if he is aware of terrible state of the sura realm, and if he has no emotional attachment to his clan mates or his mother. Shess replies that his clan and his mother will be fine because they avoided making trouble during the fiendish magic-related incidents a thousand years back, so the gods thanked them by offering aid if they should ever need it.
Chapter 43: The Point of Your SwordEdit
(1) In the sura realm, as a bound and bleeding Yuta moans in pain, Airavata checks on him as other suras bicker behind her. She turns around and threatens to punch them once for every word, and they quiet down. She is amazed that that his race does not feel fear in spite of the current situation, and then tells him to focus, because if he breaks, it is all over for Leez.
Chapter 44: The Meaning of RevengeEdit
(5) As Yuta makes choking sounds, several suras note that he is acting up again, and wonder what they should do since Airavata is not there. One sura mentions that Airavata just punches him to calm him down.