The Daily Life of Gu Bera is a side story which initially only appeared in the webtoon when Currygom turned into Whitegom due to overwork and exhaustion. It describes what Kubera Leez's life might be like if the webtoon were a Korean school life manhwa instead of an action-packed fusion fantasy.
All main protagonists and a few side characters from the Kubera universe have a Gu Bera counterpart, and act accordingly to their temper and personal relationships. Keep in mind that in South Korea, surnames are first.
Note: If you do a web search looking for the fan translation by TheCompany, use the spelling Goobera.
Due to Currygom's realization that this story could undermine the original story for some readers, the author decided after the release of Gu Bera No. 3 to no longer include it with the webtoon. She stated on her blog that she planned to redraw and improve the story, and release it on her blog after the webtoon Kubera is finished.
She released No. 4 and 5 as extras in the printed volumes.
She then re-released No. 4 and 5 on her blog in her New Year Special blog post (January 26, 2017).
Gu Bera episode list
Links to the original Korean episodes which appeared online can be found from the following articles:
- Extra: The Daily Life of Gu Bera No. 1 was published after Episode 32.
- Extra: The Daily Life of Gu Bera No. 2 was published after Episode 50.
- Extra: The Daily Life of Gu Bera No. 3 was published after Episode 68.
- The Daily Life of Gu Bera No. 4 was published in Volume 5, and later in the New Year Special blog post.
- The Daily Life of Gu Bera No. 5 was published in Volume 7, and later in the New Year Special blog post.
List of Gu Bera characters
Surnames appear first, as they do in South Korea. In order of appearance:
|Gu Bera||webtoon||info||Gu Bera appearances|
|Gu Bera||Leez Haias||junior, Class 12 (B group)||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|Lee Asha||Asha Rahiro||junior, Class 12 → Class 11 (A group)||1, 2|
|Jung Brill||Brilith Ruin||junior, Class 11 (A group)||1, 2|
|Asha fangirl||Ruche Seiran||(probably junior, Class 11)||1|
|Kim Babo||Agni||junior, Class 11 (Ep.5: Class 1)||1, 5|
|Kim Gandal||Gandharva||senior, Class 1||1, 2, 4, 5|
|Choi Maru||Maruna||junior, Class 5||1, 2, 4, 5|
|Park Kazu||Kaz Lehn||junior, Class 4||1|
|Shin Gu||Kubera||freshman, Class 12||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|Sagara||Sagara||senior, Class 1||2, 5|
|Yuta||Yuta||freshman, Class 12||2, 3, 4, 5|
|beef patty cook||Brahma||3|
|Paran||Ran Sairofe||junior, Class 5||4, 5|
|???||Rana Reimia||junior, Class 5||4, 5|
|Naila||Laila Hemawati||senior, Class 4||4, 5|
|???||Teo Rakan||senior, Class ??||4, 5|
|Kim Shakun||Shakuntala||freshman, Class 1||5|
- Currygom re-released Gu Bera No.4 and No.5 on her blog because the first three were released with the webtoon during Season 1, and she felt that it was only fair that everyone could read the entire story to the end,
- The spelling "Gu Bera" is used on this wiki based on the spelling "gubera" that Currygom used for the filenames of the comic panels. Leez's character is referred to as "Bera" at least once in the comic. Fan translators used the spelling "Goo Bera".
- "Shin Gu" is based on the Korean fans' nickname for God Kubera, "Shin Ku" (God Ku).